Friday, December 3, 2010

Baby Drama

The last couple of weeks have been... interesting... to say the least. To futher elaborate: the last couple of weeks have been agonizing, amazing, funny, entertaining, heartwarming, beautiful, sleep deprived, heartbreaking, and full of memories.

Jon and I went to London a couple of weeks ago to visit Grandma! It was her first time meeting Poppy, and therefore we were all quite excited for the trip! Now, Poppy is used to our Culligan water for her bottles, and frankly, I didn't think there would be a problem if we used Grandma's water for a weekend. Well, Poppy was fine all weekend and had a wonderful time meeting her Grandma. However, as soon as we arrived home (or shortly there after) she started spitting up like crazy.

Poppy spits up sometimes... I think most babies do. But this was the exception to that rule. She wouldn't STOP spitting up. It was constant! She wore about 5 different outfits a day, *reminds me of me!* but not because she wanted to be stylish (though I'm certain she did!). It was because she drenched every outfit in formula. Yuck. Poor baby!

One night, as I got overly emotional to my mom (what else is new!?), she suggested we go get gripe water and soy formula. I was lactose intolerant as a baby, and since the spitting up didn't stop after a normal amount of time, we thought we'd try soy.

Long story short: Gripe water worked, soy was returned, gripe stopped working, I regretted my decision, bought different formula (not soy), spitting up got worse than ever, tried to return un-used formula, cried in Wal-Mart as they told me I couldn't, went back to old formula, spitting up lessened, Jon tried to return Wal-Mart formula (didn't cry!), didn't work, I gave up, formula is in my trunk. I tried.

That's just the formula aspect of these last weeks! Poppy got a cold... and 'an eye infection'. (Or so I thought!)

Have you ever heard a 5-7 week old baby sneeze and sniffle and cry and cough? It's awful. Probably especially when it's your baby, but it's horrible. I cried. She cried. We all cried.

Wow, I cry a lot apparently! Thank you, hormones.

Okay... I'm blabbing.

I'm going to put it this way. I'm thankful the sniffling has stopped, Poppy has started sleeping, I have started sleeping as a result, I have stopped crying, the spitting up is muuuuch less... and Jon is done classes today!

Wooooooooohoooooooo!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment