Friday, December 3, 2010

Silly People...

A good friend and fellow mom and I went to the mall the other day. Neither of us needed anything, but both of us were eager to get out of the house, so we did about a million laps around the mall. Good times! Poppy slept a full 3 hours (while we walked), and Paige melted the hearts of every woman who walked by us. She is adorable.

Anyway, funny story.

As I walked up to the counter of Orange Julius to get myself a deeeeelicious smoothie, the man behind the counter smiled in a very friendly manner and welcomed me to O.J. After I ordered, and as he was making my smoothie, he tried to make small talk.

"So... is it a girl...?"

Now let me paint a picture for you of just how ridiculous this question is. For anyone who knows me,  you know that Poppy has a pink car seat. She also has a pink blanket, ALWAYS a pink outfit, a pink toque, and a pink soother. If I could possibly put any more pink on her, I would. Mostly to avoid awkward comments like these.

Actually, now that I've painted you a picture, now let me show you a picture.


She would have looked something like this. Except, instead of wearing white, she was wearing pink.

Now please, please, please, if you are one of these people who regularly defends people who ask these RIDICULOUS questions... please don't! Not this time. It was TOO obvious!!! Haha.

I smiled, and said: "Yep! She's a girl." as if I'd never heard a more reasonable question in my life.

4 comments:

  1. I know this all to well! It was constant with Piper in particualr. I purposely wore pink on her so as not to confuse and ppl would still say, "oh what a cute little guy!", etc. AHHH! I eventually gave up on desperately covering them in pink and when ppl would tilt their head and say, "What a sweet little boy!" I'd simply smile and say, "Why thank you." then run away! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how people could think she was a boy...she's the sweetest looking little girl ever! so ridiculous!:P:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, too funny! I think that will be my course of action from now on... and then I'll laugh to myself thinking she's the sweetest, most beautiful little girl I've ever seen!!!

    Maybe if/when I have a boy, everyone will assume he's a girl...

    ReplyDelete