Sunday, November 28, 2010

(My) Life is Beautiful!

I love being a mom. My goal in life, for as long as I can remember, was to be a wife and a mother. I have literally been laughed hysterically at for saying that, but it's true. Always has been. I love kids!!! What more can I say?

Growing up, I was often referred to as the "Baby Whisperer", cause I could get babies to sleep like nobody's business! It's a nice title to have... especially when you can help out moms who are at their wits end.

But, I digress.

I love being a mom. Throughout my pregnancy, I hoped that I would still love to be a mom when it happened. You know how sometimes you get super excited about something, and then it turns out to be nothing like what you imagined? I hoped and prayed that would not be the case with motherhood. And thankfully, it wasn't!

However, anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to be busy. I thrive when I'm busy! I love having places to be, people to see, people who rely on me being somewhere at a certain time and place. Before having Poppy, I had no idea just how much I loved that.

Another 'however', with a newborn, I certainly do have someone who needs me and who relies on me. But a lot of my everyday life (so far) is spent at home, not 'accomplishing' a heck of a lot.

Yeah, right.

Raising a beautiful little baby into what will hopefully become a strong, still beautiful, godly, young woman who will one day likely get married and have children of her own is QUITE a goal to set! And if that truly is what she becomes, then I dare say that's a heck of an accomplishment!

Today's society seems to think that if we don't make tons of money, work too many hours, get far too little sleep, (even though I do fall into that category!) or have some sort of public recognition for our daily accomplishments, that we're not truly living.

I beg to differ. Since the birth of Poppy, my life has never been more... dare I say... perfect. Don't get me wrong, my life is far from perfect in the truest sense of the word. But, I have a beautiful baby girl who I adore and who seems to adore me back (hehe), a godly, handsome, wonderful husband who I also adore and who I know adores me back (again - hehe), the same godly, handsome, wonderful husband who has a stable career giving my (so far) little family the opportunity for many adventures to come in our army life, a roof over our heads, food on our tables, families who love us all so much... I could go on. Best of all, Jon and I have the gift of salvation - something we both couldn't be more thankful for.

We pray every night, as we have since Poppy's conception, that one day, hopefully at a young age, she will come to know the Lord, to have a personal relationship with Him... to grow in love for him, and to continually grow to love him more every day of her life.

We are so blessed!!!

If you're thankful to God for the way he has blessed you, why don't you take a minute to tell him so?

Lord, thank you SO much for Jon and Poppy and all of the other blessings in my life. I am so undeserving, but You are so merciful and gracious, and for that I am and will be eternally grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Such an encouraging and beautiful post Bec! I enjoy it more every time I read it!

    ReplyDelete