Monday, November 22, 2010

Welcome to My Life!

Two years ago in October, I met a very handsome army man, who showed up to my church's evening service. To make a long story short (though it will likely be expanded upon at a later date!), we fell wholly and madly in love in what seemed to be no time at all. By the end of January we were engaged to be married in August of 2009. One of the things I love most about this army man was his deep desire to be a father. We decided to wait until January, after being married for almost 6 months, to begin 'trying' for a baby.

Miraculously, and blessed beyond words, our first 'try' gave us the excitement of a positive pregnancy test! From that moment, we were excited beyond words to share our life with this growing little baby inside of me. For 9 months, I took folic acid and prenatal vitamins, ate what I should, stayed away from what I shouldn't, walked and walked and walked and walked, and took care of my body the best I possibly could. The excitement of little body parts jabbing me here and there was more than I could take - I was in a constant state of excitement... all the way to the very end.

Finally, I gave birth to a beautiful little girl on October 12, (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend! Throughout my whole life, I have so desperately wanted to be a wife and a mother... and now I am both! Poppy, our little one, is an angel. From day one, she has been a sweet, cuddly, and content little girl. I am so in love with being a 'momma'!

Here, I would like to share the day to day activities and occurrences of me and my little one, as well as my army life.

Welcome to my life... grab a hot drink, get comfortable, and stay awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment